Tuesday 5 February 2013

Five more sleeps till Dushanbe

Its Taken five months of planning, some very interesting training courses with the VSO and now its almost time to put on my Taqiyah (rug cap) and head for mountains new. The bag is nearly packed bar a shopping list for my fellow volunteers who I shall be meeting shortly, cinnamon sticks and coconut to name but a few things desired!

For a year or so I will be working in Dushanbe at the 'Institute for entrepreneurship and service' -http://www.dsx.tj/history.htm

So the future looks interesting if not a challenge (language will undoubtedly be a steep learning curve) but I'm prepared for anything...including goat wrestling which is the national sport, just kidding they are just for eating, sorry veggies!!

So its adios for now to all my friends and family, will keep you all informed via this blog with my adventures along the silk road. 









No comments:

Post a Comment