Sunday 17 March 2013

Korvon market

                           
On arrival at Korvon you are immediately aware that this is the largest of the markets in Dushanbe. I took this small video just to set the seen I am sure anyone who has visited a market overseas will have similar memories. 
I was hoping this market was going to be slightly more varied with its items for sale, but found it was mainly for the sales of clothes and household goods, unless I managed to miss a large section where the food is kept.
In any case it was an interesting experience on a beautiful sunny day with temperature up to about 20 degrees, and that was after snow the week before.
Here is a picture of Rudaki street  near to where I live last Saturday!

So on with the market and a picture of some locally made traditional ladies clothing 

I found some local dried fruit, nuts and pulses here but not the selection available at the green market which is far more food orientated and I will do a separate post on that one another time. 

One thing I hadn't seen until today was a busker I managed to get this photo with a little financial persuasion, he is playing a dutar a tradition two string instrument usually made from mulberry wood. There are some locals however  only to happy to pose for the camera, go on give us a wave.... 


















1 comment:

  1. So you went to Gorbon after all. I also rather have a stroll through KT market then at Gorbon. It's too big for me.

    ReplyDelete