Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer

Hello everyone, its been a while since I last blogged, mainly because there hasn't been to much of interest happening in the last month or so. The Institute is now closed for the summer and I am waiting to hear if I am to be posted to Penjakent on the Uzbek border.
There are plans for me to visit homestays and offer advice on western hospitality and food.
A homestay is pretty much what it says, the lack of hotels in these picturesque parts of Tajikistan leaves a business opportunity for local homeowners to rent a room to some of the trekking tourists that visit this country.
I am open minded on what I might find on the visits and hope I can of help in some way. 
The summer is hot really hot, I went for a walk round Rudaki park last night and the Tajiks love a fountain or two!

This was one of the hottest days so far, but we are expecting temps in the mid 40s !!






No comments:

Post a Comment